The Memorial Chapel commemorates the third Church which welcomed pilgrims from 1676 to 1876.
The chapel was built in 1878 on the foundations of the transept of the third church in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré (1676-1876). The materials, the ornaments and the tower dating from 1788, recuperated from the old church, are integrated into the contruction of the chapel. A weather cock, symbol of the Apostle Peter's third repudiation, spins on the church tower between two lanterns. Up until 1930, parishioners were buried in the adjacent cemetery. After the fire of the first basilica, the chapel was temporarily used as the place of worship.
Period of operation :
Open every day. Variable schedule depending on the season.
10018, avenue royale, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré (Qc) G0A 3C0
Telephone : 418 827-3781
Fax : 418 827-8771